How does iBankonIT, LLC obtain, process, and refurbish the products we sell?
Purchasing and Logistics
We acquire equipment from businesses and other organizations which regularly go through an upgrade process, and resell their unwanted or leased equipment through various methods. We also receive hardware from organizations downsizing or closing completely.
We use reverse logistics to bring equipment to our location where it begins its refurbishing process and eventually sold and shipped to the next user. For more information on selling to us, please view the Asset Recovery section.
Processing and Refurbishing
As a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher, we employ Microsoft’s standards for refurbishing a computer system. In addition, we apply testing and cleaning procedures performed and perfected over many years in the industry. We start with cleaning the inside and outside of a computer.
The steps we follow are:
- Step 1 – Take off all unnecessary labels, such as asset tags, and thoroughly clean the exterior surface so there are as few cosmetic signs of wear and use as possible.
- Step 2 – Air blow out all dust and other particles from inside the system which may have collected on the fan and/or motherboard.
- Step 3 – Repair or replace minor PC components to make sure that the system is functionally and cosmetically acceptable by our internal quality controls.
- Step 4 – Wipe any data which may have been left on the hard drive. We use the most current technology to make sure that the hard drives have been completely wiped and reformatted.
- Step 5 – Perform complete PC diagnostics on all components including HDD surface and smart tests, and memory tests.
- Step 6 – Professionally install a Windows Operating System according to Microsoft guidelines and customers’ requests. The process includes installation of necessary drivers, as well as application and registration of a new COA (Certificate of Authenticity) label, activation of a new Product key, to ensure a quick and proper out of the box experience.
- Step 7 - Properly pack and ship the PC to the new user. Make sure the box includes a Windows OS Recovery Media, all cables and accessories.
IBankonIT, LLC regularly sells to organizations large and small. We accept purchase orders from businesses, educational institutions, nonprofits, state and local government.
Cost-effectively transitioning to newer technology is important since most organizations have limited budgets. Newer technology doesn’t mean the latest and greatest, with a high price tag.
For example a school that wants to upgrade from their 10-year old Pentium 4, XP-based computers will benefit greatly by choosing a Core2Duo Windows 7 based system that’s only a few years old.
The difference in performance, capacity and capability is huge, and at the same time it will not crack the IT budget. Helping expand technology reach while making your technology dollars go farther is what we do best.